18 August 2026,   01:11
more
Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz

President Donald Trump threatened the Sultanate of Oman – a longtime U.S. strategic partner and traditionally a key interlocutor in Middle Eastern negotiations - Monday, saying he will “bomb the s---“ out of the country if it “gets in the way” of U.S. objectives in the Strait of Hormuz, writes ABC News.

Trump also noted that there was no hurry on his part to conclude the war with Iran as the 60-day U.S.-Iranian memorandum of understanding expires.

In an interview with Fox News’ Trey Yingst, Trump was asked about the status of talks between Iran and Oman over a potential deal regarding the Strait of Hormuz. “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s--- out of them”, the president replied, according to Fox News’ write-up.

A spokesperson for Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed Monday that talks between the two countries were “continuing in earnest”.

Trump’s latest comments mark the second time Trump has threatened Oman over control of the Strait. In May, Trump told ABC News’ Rachel Scott during a cabinet meeting that the Strait must not come under any nation's control and that he would take military action against Oman if necessary.

Trump also told Fox News that the U.S. was directly backchanneling with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. “They’re good poker players, but they’re dying”, Trump said of the IRGC. “I have no time schedule. I’m not in a hurry”, he added.

Trump again dismissed concerns over U.S. munitions stockpiles. “What we’ve used so far is peanuts”, Trump told Fox News.

MORE HEADLINES