The Parliament of Georgia published the list of candidates for the post of Public Defender of Georgia. The list consists of 19 persons. Among them are acting Deputy Public Defender, lawyers, MP, etc.
1. Ana Abashidze - Head of the “Partnership for Human Rights”.
2. Marika Arevadze - lawyer of the law office “Arevadze, Gonashvili and Partners”.
3. Giorgi Burjanadze - Deputy Public Defender of Georgia.
4. Lela Gafrindashvili - Head of “Women"s Initiative for Equality”.
5. Sofio Demetrashvili - Associate Professor of the Faculty of Law and International Relations of the Georgian Technical University.
6. Tinatin Erkvania - GIPA - Associate Professor of the School of Law and Politics of the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs.
7. Evgenia Tavadze - temporarily unemployed.
8. Aleksandre Kobaidze - Chairman of the “Association of Young Human Rights Defenders”.
9. Levan Kokorashvili - Chairman of the Board of the Union of Young Lawyers of Kvareli.
10. Nugzar Kokhreidze - Chairman of the Scientific-Intellectual Club “Generations Dialogue”.
11. Giorgi Mariamidze - founder, director of the Institute of Citizen Protection
12. Sergo Makharadze - lawyer of the Georgian Trade Unions Confederation.
13. Maka Mindiashvili - the founder of the “Voice of the People”.
14. Jemal Natelashvili - Member of the Association of Georgian Lawyers.
15. Nikoloz Nikoladze - reserve of the Georgian diplomatic service.
16. Ketevan Chachava - executive director of the “Development and Democracy Center”.
17. Giorgi Tsobekhia - managing partner, director of the law office “Giorgi Tsobekhia and Partners”.
18. Iago Khvichia - Member of the Parliament of Georgia
19. Nazi Janezashvili - director of the Georgian Court Watch